Cauliflower Potato Soup
We created this delicious Cauliflower Potato Soup with a beautiful head of cauliflower we got at the market. It looked so pretty we hated to cut it up!
We spent most of New Year’s Day 2018 in the kitchen experimenting with new recipes and this was one of them. We also made Ginger Vinaigrette Beets, a Spinach Salad and a failed attempt at Sweet Potato Pie.
Cauliflower is a cruciferous vegetable in the same family as broccoli and Brussel Sprouts. That means it’s one of the best vegetables you can eat. And with only 156 calories, this filling soup is also great for your weight loss goals.
It pairs well with a Hearty Side Salad or Spinach Salad.
If you make this recipe, please let us know your thoughts in the comments below. And please share with your friends to help spread the word about healthy plant based eating.
- 1 medium cauliflower chopped
- 4 medium potatoes peeled and chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 8 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp garlic chopped
- 1 tsp thyme dried
- 1/2 tsp oregano dried
- 1 tbsp parsley fresh or 1 tsp dried
- 1 tsp salt or to taste (optional)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper or to taste
- Peel and dice the potatoes.
- Bring 1/4 cup of veggie broth to a simmer in a large pot.
Serving size is 1 cup of Cauliflower Potato Soup.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!