Coconut Curry Lentil Soup Recipe
This Coconut Curry Lentil Soup recipe is a delicious Indian dish that will fill your kitchen with the savory aroma of curry. We love Indian food, and it’s one of the easier types of cuisines to eat at restaurants since they typically have lots of vegan/vegetarian options.
But if you’re craving some curry, you don’t have to go out to eat. Now you can make your own!
We served it over brown rice to make it a little more filling and to spread out the delicious flavor, but you can eat it plain without the rice to save calories.
If you’re watching your saturated fat intake, you can also skip the coconut milk, but it won’t be as creamy or flavorful. We tried it without, but that seemed to be the missing ingredient.
If you make this recipe, please let us know your thoughts in the comments below. And please share with your friends to help spread the word about healthy plant based eating.
|4 servings||20 minutes|
This Coconut Curry Lentil Soup Recipe is a delicious Indian dish that will fill your kitchen with the savory aroma of curry. Served over brown rice.
- 6 1/4 cups vegetable broth or water or a mixture
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 medium carrots chopped
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 small potato chopped, about 1 cup
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 1 tsp cilantro
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 cup lentils rinsed and sorted for debris
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 cups kale shredded, or your favorite green
- 1 cup coconut milk canned
- Heat 1/4 cup veggie broth over medium heat in a large soup pot. Add the onion, garlic and carrots and sauté until onions are translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the chopped potatoes and spices and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the remaining vegetable broth or water, lentils and tomato paste. Simmer until lentils are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Add the greens and coconut milk and continue to cook until the greens are wilted, about 5 minutes.
Serving size is 1 1/2 cups of Coconut Curry Lentil Soup.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!