Roasted Green Beans
These Roasted Green Beans are a fast, easy and delicious side dish for almost any meal. And how can you go wrong with green beans? That’s the only vegetable I ate for the first 10 years of my life and I turned out ok (mostly).
The green beans will come out of the oven crispy and delicious. They’re so good they may not make it to your dinner plate. Amelia and I snack on them while we’re cooking so there’s not usually a lot left to serve up.
Use fresh snapped green beans for this recipe. Don’t use canned green beans soaked in water or they won’t roast correctly.
If you make this recipe, please let us know your thoughts in the comments below. And please share with your friends to help spread the word about healthy plant based eating.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash and snap any straggly ends off the green beans. You don't need to snap them in half, though.
- Put the green beans in a large bowl and coat with the olive oil.
- Spread the green beans evenly on a baking sheet and sprinkle salt over them. If you have a salt grinder, this is a good time to use it.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes or until they're nice and crispy.
Serving size is about 1 cup.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!