Vegan Mashed Potatoes
Featured On NutritionStudies.org…
This Vegan Mashed Potatoes recipe is creamy and delicious. It’s also oil-free and the perfect topper for your Vegan Shepards Pie.
We used yellow potatoes, which gave the mashed potatoes a buttery color, but you can also use red or white potatoes.
We sauteed the minced garlic in veggie broth, but you can saute in 2 tbsp of olive oil to give the potatoes a little creamier texture. Or, you can also use vegan butter. We try to avoid oil in most of our recipes, but if these mashed potatoes are for a holiday treat, some vegan butter would be really tasty.
If you make this recipe, please let us know your thoughts in the comments below. And please share with your friends to help spread the word about healthy plant based eating.
- 3 lbs yellow potatoes or red or white potatoes
- 10 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup almond milk or your favorite non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp salt or to taste (optional)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper or to taste
- Wash, peel and chop the potatoes.
- In a large pot, boil the potatoes in water for 30 minutes or until they easily break apart with a fork.
- When the potatoes are almost done, using a small skillet, saute the minced garlic in the veggie broth for 2 to 3 minutes to soften the garlic and release its flavor.
- When the potatoes are cooked, add the non-dairy milk and use a hand mixer to blend until smooth.
- For creamier potatoes, add 2 tbsp of vegan butter or to taste.
Serving size is 1 cup of Vegan Mashed Potatoes.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!