Vegan Pumpkin Pie
This vegan pumpkin pie is one of my favorite desserts. As a kid, my mom made me a pumpkin pie every year for my birthday, which falls on Halloween. I preferred a pie to a cake and still do.
I went to my parents house just before my birthday, after switching to a vegan diet. Mom took it upon herself to make me a vegan pumpkin pie. This is the pie she made and it was delicious! No one will know this pie is vegan so serve it at your next event to show everyone how great vegan food can taste.
You can buy a store bought crust to save time, or try my Mom’s Famous Vegan Pie Crust.
If you make this recipe, please let us know your thoughts in the comments below. And please share with your friends to help spread the word about healthy plant based eating.
|8 servings||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||Passive Time|
|1 hour||4 hours|
This vegan pumpkin pie tastes exactly like a regular pumpkin pie so no one will know the difference. Serve it at your next event to fool the non-vegans.
- 1 can pumpkin puree (14oz can)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup coconut cream canned, shake well
- 4 tbsp corn starch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Mom's Famous Pie Crust (bottom only)
- Prepare Mom's Famous Pie Crust or your store bought crust.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Add all ingredients to a blender or large bowl and mix well.
- Pour the pie mixture into the pie crust and spread evenly.
- Bake for 60 minutes. The edges might be cracked and the center a little wobbly. It may also be a little darker than non-vegan pumpkin pie.
Courtesy of ItDoesntTasteLikeChicken.com and my mom.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!