When I was a kid, mom often made snickerdoodles for our family during the holiday season and I particularly enjoyed the cinnamon-y taste and soft texture when they were fresh from the oven. These vegan snickerdoodles are just as good as mom’s, but without the butter and eggs.
If you have a holiday party, work party, church gathering, family or friends visiting…you can easily pass these vegan snickerdoodles off as non-vegan and no one will be the wiser. They have crispy edges with soft centers ensuring these cinnamon sugar cookies will be a big hit with everyone.
These snickerdoodles are so good, I just power right through my cinnamon allergy and eat them anyway. Luckily for me, they only cause the inside of my cheeks to swell up, but it goes away after a few hours. Totally worth it!
We use Earth Balance Organic Vegan Butter, but you’ll need to use the Earth Balance Soy Free variety to make these vegan snickerdoodles soy free.
If you make this recipe, please let us know your thoughts in the comments below. And please share with your friends to help spread the word about healthy plant based eating.
|24 cookies||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||Passive Time|
|30 minutes||30 minutes|
Delicious vegan snickerdoodles are soft sugar cookies coated with cinnamon. They're perfect for the holiday season, work parties or for your own pleasure.
- Measure 1 cup of vegan butter and set it aside for 30 minutes before preparing the dough to soften it up.
- Make the flax egg according to the recipe instructions and let it sit for at least 10 minutes prior to making the cookie dough.
- Add the butter, sugar and brown sugar to a mixing bowl. Use a beater or mixer to cream the ingredients together.
- Add the flax egg and vanilla extract and blend until combined.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a small bowl, make the cinnamon sugar mixture by stirring together the 1/4 cup sugar and 1 tbsp of cinnamon.
Serving size is 1 cookie.
Inspired by TheVietVegan.com.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!