White Bean Soup w/ Garlic and Basil
This hearty, delicious white bean soup with garlic and basil is full of flavor and nutrition. It can stand on it’s own with a slice of bread, or it pairs well with a side salad. With 14 grams of fiber, 13 grams of protein and 33% RDV of potassium in each serving, it’s packed with nutrients that your body craves.
This white bean soup is very filling but only has 231 calories so it’s a great soup to help with your weight loss goals. It only takes 30 to 45 minutes to prepare and cook, so you can whip it up quickly when you get home from work.
If you make this recipe, please let us know your thoughts in the comments below. And please share with your friends to help spread the word about healthy plant based eating.
|4 servings||20 minutes|
This delicious white bean soup with garlic and basil is full of flavor and nutrition. 14g of fiber, 13g of protein and 32% RDV of potassium in each serving.
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 2 cans cannellini beans rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp basil fresh, chopped
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Heat 1/2 cup vegetable broth in a large pot over medium heat.
- Sauté onion and garlic in pot until soft. About 10 to 15 minutes. Add more broth if needed.
- Add tomatoes and salt. Simmer about 10 minutes.
- Add the beans and remaining vegetable broth. Simmer another 10 minutes.
Serving size is about 1 cup.
Inspired by Kathrine Tallmadge's recipe published in Shape Magazine 2003.
What size can for tomatoes and beans? I need to GAIN weight so will add cup of pasta, olive oil and perhaps carrots.
Recipe sounds easy and delicious,